We will soon get to hear some previously unreleased music from Grateful Dead thanks to the upcoming live album Ready or Not. The LP, which was curated by the band archivist David Lemieux, will contain nine tracks and is scheduled for release on November 22nd.
According to Rolling Stone, the album is comprised of songs dating back to 1992 and 1993, which were performed during Grateful Dead’s live shows. The songs were originally meant to be part of the band’s upcoming album, which was never released due to frontman Jerry Garcia’s death in 1995.
Ready or Not will come in several different formats, including CD and digital release. It will also be available as a limited double vinyl LP with red and blue discs.
“Ready Or Not has been a long time coming,” said Lemieux in a statement. “It’s an album we’ve been working on for many, many years. This batch of ‘new’ Grateful Dead songs has never been compiled in one place and given its proper due as a huge part of the Dead’s late-era legacy.”
This won’t be the only Grateful Dead release this year, as four live albums with band’s music saw release earlier this year. Also, a compilation album titled Sage & Spirit was presented back in April.
Ready or Not Tracklist
- “Liberty” – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (10/14/94)
- “Eternity” – The Pyramid, Memphis, TN (4/2/95)
- “Lazy River Road” – Dean Smith Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (3/25/93)
- “Samba In The Rain” – The Omni, Atlanta, GA (3/30/95)
- “So Many Roads” – Star Lake Amphitheatre, Burgettstown, PA (6/23/92)
- “Way To Go Home” – Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN (6/28/92)
- “Corrina” – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (10/14/94)
- “Easy Answers” – Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA (9/13/93)
- “Days Between” – Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, CA (12/11/94)