2017 is behind us and it brought us tons of good music and breathtaking music videos. We have decided to check out which of those videos were most popular and came to some interesting and rather surprising findings.
Remember the mega-popular hit “Gangnam Style” from 2012? The music video for the song was the first one to break the 1 billion views mark on YouTube and currently sits at 3 billion views. But the new challenger came in 2017 and replaced the “Gangnam Style.” The Latin summer hit “Despacito“ by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee cruised through 3 billion views and got up to 4.6 billion in less than a year. This made it not just the most watched music video but also the most watched YouTube video in history. This is the version without Justin Bieber.
Another interesting thing is that in the top 10 of the most watched music videos in 2017, there are six songs in Spanish. Now, enough with the talk. Let’s check out the most watched music videos of the last year and enjoy these great songs once again.
10. Chris Jeday – Ahora Dice (Official Video) ft. J. Balvin, Ozuna, Arcángel
9. Charlie Puth – We Don’t Talk Anymore (feat. Selena Gomez)
8. CNCO – Reggaetón Lento (Bailemos)
7. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like
6. Maluma – Felices los 4
5. J Balvin, Willy William – Mi Gente
4. Clean Bandit – Rockabye ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie
3. Shakira – Chantaje ft. Maluma
2. Ed Sheeran – Shape of You
1. Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee